Saturday, March 16, 2019

Three is the Magic Number

Hello and happy Saturday to you! Feeling a little springy here and hoping the weather has finally turned the corner.
 My first card has nothing to do with the magic number 3. lol. It is all about the Pinkfresh Studio Challenge. I used the color palette to watercolor a soft rainbow swirl on water color paper. Then stamped out the flowers from the Shine set in blue ink and using a water brush softened out their image. Then I stamped them with Versamark ink and heat embossed them in WOW white pearl embossing powder. Then die cut a circle after stamping the greeting in the same blue ink. The flower image was stamped in Versmark ink on the blue card base and sprinkled with rose gold embossing powder. Then I stenciled the white dots with The Stamp Markets new dot stencil.
My next card was all about three's. Flowers, colors and squares, even three white Nuvo drops.  I received a new order from The Stamp Market and if you have not heard me say it they are one of my favorite stamp companies right now. I started with the MFT color and sketch challenges by water coloring the square images onto a kraft card base. Then used the same dot stencil with white ink to add the polka dots. Also using the white ink and a damp paintbrush to create the splatter. I then die cut the flowers from white card stock with the Small Blooms die set also from The Stamp Market. The centers of the flowers and greeting is from the coordinating set Dear Friend.





My last card uses three colors and three flowers again the fit the Less is More theme with plenty of white space. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

2 comments:

  1. Three beautiful cards Sue! The background on the third card is so soft and beautiful and I love that you have used the negative piece from the die cut flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty cards here! I love the card you created for us, I remember admiring it in IG already... Such a great design idea to use the die cut negative spaces in your card. I love the soft colors and the torn edge too -a very unique detail! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...