Tuesday, November 24, 2020

CASology #379: Wheat

Hey there. The CASology Challenge Blog has a new cue card up. Our new word is wheat. 


I ended up making two cards for this challenge both 4.25" square on kraft card stock. My first card uses an old Gel-A-Tins set, Big and Wild Things. Using just Versafine black ink and black fun foam to give the card neutral, layered dimension. The greeting is from Papertrey Ink Keep it Simple line.



My second card started with a 4.25" by 4.25" kraft card base that I stamped with the CASual Fridays Wheat Wreath stamp. Using navy ink I stamped the wreath on the center of the card and the greeting on a scrap of white card stock. Then I used rose gold embossing powder to emboss the "Grateful" on the card front. Finally I added a few gold beads to the card front with liquid drops.




I can't wait to check out what you make for this fun challenge. You can go check out the team's cards on their blogs.



My first card also fits these two challenges. It was super quick to make and follows the sketch pretty closely.




3 comments:

  1. These are stunning Sue-love that bold black on the kraft and the way you designed the panel for dimension and lovely soft second card-love the rose sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous, Sue! I love the clean & modern feel of the first one and adore the navy & rose gold pairing on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fab cards! I really like the wheat on kraft with the extra layer. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...