Monday, November 23, 2020

Stamplorations Sticker Monday and a Discount Code

  


Hey there. Clear stickers were brand new to me so while I am sharing some Christmas cards with you today, I will share a few tips I learned along the way. I wanted to try placing some die cuts behind my sticker. So I knew that they needed to be really thin. I painted some pink tissue paper with pearlescent watercolors and die cut tiny trees.


Gluing these down to my panel with a glue pen then placing my sticker over the top. I found that using my teflon bone folder helped to smooth out the sticker. This worked perfect and created no halo around the trees. I used the Tis The Season sticker set and the Circles All Over Texture cover-plate die.


My next card used two sticker sets to get a modern, mixed media feel, Mixed Media Backgrounds 2 and Good Tidings.


The other really cool thing about the clear stickers is you can use colored card stock to bring out some of the images on the sticker. When I placed the background sticker on the aqua card stock the ball shape jumped out at me and cried out to be an ornament. So with just some simple black stamping this Christmas card came together quickly.

On my last card I decided to try combining stickers with stamping and die cuts all on one card keeping it clean and simple.


On a white panel I stamped the Yuletide Deer in three colors of ink. Then using the Good Tidings stickers I created a band of graphic greetings across the card. Then using the Christmas Blessings die, I stacked and glued three die cuts together and attached over the band of stickers.
 

I hope this inspires you to try out the many uses of clear stickers in your cardmaking. I personally can't wait to try some new ideas! Here are two other cards I created with clear stickers, Tis The Season and Good Tidings.



Thanks so much for stopping by and I have a special code for you STAMPGIRLSUES will get you 20% off your order at Stamplorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...