Monday, March 18, 2024

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

 Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge. 



I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a faux watercolor rectangle with the inspiration colors. I smooshed ink pads on the block, then misted it with water and layed it ink side down on watercolor paper. Let the block sit for a bit then dry the paper with a heat gun. 


The colors blended beautifully and left me with a fun, irregular edge to the rectangle. I then used black ink to stamp the Captivating Blooms set over the colored block. I extended the colors on a few blooms and leaves with alcohol markers. The greetings are from the Versatile Greetings die set.


For my accents I used enamel dots to match the ink colors and some black baker's twine. Popped my panel up with foam tape on a black, top folding card base.

This also fit the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challege to "Add a bit of Green".












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...