Tuesday, July 17, 2018

CASology #308: Cloud

Hey there.  There is a new challenge over on the 
CASology Challenge blog today.

So if you know me at all one card is usually not enough. I just start playing with ideas and keep making till I really love one. Well today it was my second card. lol.
I started with a 110 lbs white top folding card base. I stamped the letters from The Stamp Markets Chunky Outline Alphabet in Versafine ink and clear heat embossed them. I then cut masks from Post-it notes to mask the letters. Using an cloud stencil from Stampin Up! I sponged light blue ink to create the sky. Removed the masks and colored the letters in with a Yoyo Yellow marker. I then used orange distress ink and a Wink of Stella pen to give the letters shading. Last I added Tonic Crystal Glaze over the letters.
The second card is my favorite. I used a stitched rectangle die from My Favorite Things to cut the aqua rectangle. Then used the cloud dies from Papertrey Ink to cut out the clouds. Also cut a set from white card stock. The heart die is also from Papertrey Ink, die cut from a scrap of pink card stock. The greeting is from PinkFresh set called Little Love, stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with silver detail powder. I used some metallic thread to tie the heart and cloud together and mounted them with foam tape.


Sue Symens (you are here)


Guest Designer:  Claire












Thank you for stopping by, Sue.

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous, Sue! Love the gradient sentiment on the first! And the second is so sweet with the soft colors and the heart hanging from the cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue... a fabulous word cloud (image and sentiment!) beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, Love both the cards. The one with the heart hanging is so sweet. The combination of soft pink, blue and white creates the dreamy look that goes well with the sentiment.I really love the interest the hanging heart and the thread are adding to the card. Lovely inspiration. Hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...