Monday, December 11, 2017

Hidden Rainbow

Hey there. Have you ever started a card and the finished product is nothing like you imagined?
So the tag challenge was to create a Christmas tags with a rainbow color way. I took my distress inks and blended over a Strathmore Bristol panel.

Great start right? Well from there it took a dark turn. I had seen Kristine Werner do a fabulous night sky look by blending Distress oxide ink over her rainbow panel. With a little water her colors popped right through the black. Well my brand new pad was dry when I opened it and I had to rub the pad very hard across my paper to get any color down. I the took some snowflake stamps, spritzer them with water and stamped. Blotting up the black as I went. Not much change. So I spritzer the whole panel with water but my colors still didn't come through very good.  I finally heavily sprayed the panel with Shimmer Spritz. I die cut the pine boughs from Tim Holtz and the greeting from Echo Park from 110lbs cardstock. Used Matte Medium to attach them.

It is quite pretty in real life but the rainbow is pretty faint.  Thanks for stopping by and listening to me ramble, Sue.
I will also be entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Christmas/Winter Holiday and Wednesday Gift It challenges.




4 comments:

  1. Wow, love love the shine! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Gift It” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so pretty! I love the bold bright sentiment and greenery against the beautiful dark tones and shimmer and shine. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lovely tag! :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheap jimmy choo trainers, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap women jimmy choo trainers, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...