Friday, December 1, 2023

AAA Birthday Card Challenge #55

Woop Woop!! Have you made it through all twelve months of our birthday challenges on the AAA Birthday Card blog??  This is the last challenge for the year, "add a tag" challenge.


Sometimes you just need a great prompt to get those ideas flowing. I hope our monthly challenges were able to do that for you. My card started with choosing a color palette and swiping ink pads across a piece of white cardstock. I then die cut the tag shape and the letters from a Papertrey Ink alpha die set. Set the letters aside while we stamp the cake. Placing the Concord and 9th cake stamp from the Happy Day set in my stamp positioner and stamping it in black ink on a white panel. Then leaving the panel and stamp in place, I lined up the tag where I wanted it and stamped the cake again on the tag.


I then die cut several sets of letters to create the stacked look. Placing them back into the tag, adding the twine and mounting it to the white cake panel with foam tape.


I forgot I misted water over my inked panel to create that splotchy effect before the stamping the cake. Then mounted it all to a top folding white card base. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.


3 comments:

  1. An amazing card Sue. Love the clever stamping and the stacked letters. Great colour combo too. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

AAA Cards Challenge #264

 Hi there. The AAA Cards Challenge blog has a new sketch Challenge for you today. I hope you will plan to join us. I needed a wedding card ...