Thursday, April 19, 2018

Inlay Die Cuts

Hello. This is one of those cards that when i started it I had no idea where it was going to end other than my color palette.
I started with some Distress watercolor paper, spritzed and smooshed Distress Ink to create the mottled panel. I then die cut the most solid flower from the Altenew Fantasy Floral die set out of the panel. Then die cut the leaves. I also cut the same pieces from white card stock and inlaid them in the watercolor panel. Using the piece of flower I had cut from the watercolor panel I used the second die to cut the next layer.
 I used that same die to cut 3 flowers from eggplant card stock too. All four layers were glued together and glued to the white flower. Last layer was cut from Essential by Ellen vellum and glued in place used Xyron sticker maker. I die cut the greeting from Papertrey Ink from eggplant card stock and attached it to a vellum strip across the card. Finally the panel was attached to a top fold, eggplant card base with fun foam. My card will be entered in the Pin-Sights challenge on the CLASSroom blog and the Altenew April challenge.


Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

3 comments:

  1. Another stunner!!! Thank you so much for playing along and joining the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous and fun way to use this die, your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...