Friday, April 27, 2018

Manly Twofer

Hello. I think everyone kind of struggles with cards for guys. So when you make one you might as well stretch it to two if you can. For these two cards I used my die cuts and the negatives as well.

I started with a Strathmore watercolor paper and my Kuretake paints. Wetting down the paper I blended the colors using a wet on wet technique and the My Favorite Things color challenge palette. When the paper dried I stamped the wood grain background also from MFT in gray ink then stamped over it again using Versamark and my stamp platform. I then heat embossed the ink with clear detail powder.
I also stamped the charcoal gray card stock with the same wood grain background stamp in gray ink. The water color panel was then die cut with the speech bubble die from MFT and popped up on both cards with black fun foam. The "you" was cut from a scrap of the gray card stock and heat embossed with clear powder 3 times before mounting to the cards.

Both cards used the same supplies. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Color Challenge win! I love the woodgrain--gives your cards so much texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...