Friday, October 26, 2012

Red and Kraft all over...

Tonights card is a fun twist on the traditional Christmas card.  I love the red gingham printed paper.  It was a freebie I found on the internet.  To start my inspiration I used the Runway Inspired Challenge #22.  The photo below was the inspiration.
So I used the printed paper and rounded the corners and die cut the holly leaves.  Die was from Papertrey Ink new Layered Postmarks Holiday set.  Layered onto a kraft base card with foam dots.  Greeting was stamped on a scrap of PTI white cardstock and stamped with Pure Poppy ink.  Attached with a tiny staple from Tim Holtz.

CAS-UAL Fridays had the kraft challenge and
 Make-It-Monday was to used negitive die cuts.


Thanks for dropping by.  I always love to hear your comments,
Sentimentally Sue.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty card, love the way you used the negative diecut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clean and simple cards! Great design, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job letting the Kraft show through. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The negative die cutting is beautiful on your card! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to combine the challenges! Really lovely! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Firdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, I love the red and white gingham for your Christmas card. So sweet and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeek! Adorable card! LOVE the gingham and the leaf cut-outs! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...