Friday, October 26, 2012

Golden Wishes

Happy Friday to you!  I just got a minute to stamp and thought this would be a fun combo of challenges to put together.  First is the Play Date Cafe color challenge.  It was mint, gold and leather.  I thought the copper color in this card was very close to what I would call leather.
I started with a piece of brushed gold metalic cardstock and embossed the greeting from Papertrey Ink in copper embossing powder.  Then die cut the circle out of it.  Punched two holes and tied some copper ribbon I had through the holes.  Marked the circle with pencil on my white PTI base card and stamped the wreath from the Frame-It #9 set from PTI in Aqua Mist ink.  I used a copper marker to make the berries in the wreath and popped it all up with foam dots.





This was a fun sketch from CAS(E) this sketch blog challenge.  I used it for my layout.


 The card to the right was a challenge of inspiration over at CASE Study blog.  I thought my layout and colorway closely reflected the challenge card.


The Make-It-Monday challenge was to use reverse die cutting in a card.




Thanks so much for stopping by and spending part of your Friday with me!
Sentimentally Sue

14 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! Mint would never be my go-to colour but it really works here with the copper (I guess it should, since copper turns that colour eventually. lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Love your take on the sketch and the color! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Fabulous use of all those amazing challenges--a gorgeous holiday card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color combination is terrific! Your wreath looks beautiful behind the cut out. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft and gentle, clean and simple. Lovely ribbon, colors, everything! Bev ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the addition of copper to those colors - beautiful!! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!!! Lovely mix of challenges. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous sketch and use of the colors. your wreath is beautiful and fits perfectly! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the colors and the sketch. Striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really clever use of the inspiration from the CASE Study challenge with the layout. Thanks for playing at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, I love what you did with the ribbon! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, love the wreath and the colours :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...