Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Flashback to 2011

Hey there.  I think I have told you before that one of the main reasons I started a blog back in 2011 was to enter challenges. I was off of work after having 7" of my aorta replaced and needed something to help keep me busy. Card challenges fit the bill. Papertrey Ink was pretty new at that point and I had been following Nichole Heady for a while. She always wowed me. Here are the two projects I had made for that challenge.

Today's project is a combo deal for the Tuesday Transformation over on the Papertrey Ink blog.
 Using the same Sizzix Ball Ornament die I cut two from PTI white card stock and one from Bitty Big: Soft Stone paper. I used the stamps from Tree Trimming Trio and Pure Poppy ink to stamp the Bitty Big paper. I also cut the ornament top from Pure Poppy card stock. After assembly I used red and white bakers twine to finish it off. Inside you can write a note and it will fit on an A2 envelope.
It was fun to revisit a post from way back then and think about that time in my life. Thanks for stopping by and listening to me ramble.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Sue.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...