Saturday, December 29, 2018

Dry Embossing Duo

CAS-ual Fridays is having a final challenge on their blog.  I have always enjoyed their challenges. So today I made two cards that fit the criteria of the last challenge.

This card used a watercolor panel that I dry embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Now to add the color to my image I rubbed the holly image inside the folder with distress ink. Then sprayed it with a light coat of water and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the watercolor paper. This left a beautiful crisp image. I trimmed and mounted it to a moss card. Then die cut four thanks from moss card stock and glued them together. Then glued to the card front. This looks so much prettier in person.
Simon Says Stamp just started carrying The Stamp Market stamps. This is a fairly new company that I have fallen in love with. The Wednesday challenge this week is Anything Goes. I used the Birthday Wishes set. The happy die is from SSS, die cut three times and glued together. White card base was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder again sprayed with a light coat of water before embossing. This step really creates such a crisp image. Flowers and leaves were stamped, die cut and layered with foam tape.


Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

3 comments:

  1. Two more beautiful cards Sue. I always enjoy seeing your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so pretty! I was contemplating using the technique that you used on the thank you card. Love it. I think your first card is a classic and has a touch of elegance. I know pictures never capture how nice they really are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! You are planning ahead - love it. Thanks for playing along with us at the last CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...