Saturday, January 6, 2018

Addicted to CAS: Music Challenge

Hey there! Well this is a first for me. I was asked to be a guest designer on the Addicted to CAS Challenge blog. I was pretty excited and a little nervous especially when I saw the cue card. But it is a challenge, right?
This is where the nervous part came in. I am not really a music girl so the first thing that popped in to my mind was songs that get sung. Then I took a hard look at my stamps and the Birthday Song was about all I had to work with.

I started with a 110 lbs white card base and with my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform I stamped the greeting from Avery Elle's Handwritten Notes set in 4 ink colors. Kiwi Kiss, Tempting Turquoise, Yoyo Yellow from Stampin Up and Altenew Crimson inks. I created punctuation from other stamps in the set by using selective inking. The candle is from a Papertrey Ink set, Wishes Come True. For the flame on the candle I did the rock and roll techniques using the yellow and crimson inks. The wick was created with a Zig Millennium 005 marker. The last step was to cover the flame and candle with 3 coats of clear Wink of Stella.

My goal was a one layer card that might have you singing the "birthday song" as you read the words. Thank you for stopping by and thanks Addicted to CAS for the chance to guest design, Sue.




7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Well, I am definitely singing the 'Birthday Song' after seeing your fabulous take on the code word! Repeat stamping is such a fun technique and your sparkly candle is fabulous!
    Thanks again for being our Guest Designer for this challenge...it was great fun working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue! You did a wonderful job with your interpretation here. I love it, and indeed sang in my head as I viewed your card. I love all the sparkles - very festive and fun! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer. You really stepped up to the cahellenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to work music into your card by using lyrics, Sue. I love the multi-colored stamping and the glittery candle. I'm so glad you joined us as our guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great way to incorporate the challenge into your card love it. Great to have you as a guestdesigner over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a perfect music-card :)
    Thank you so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific inspiration card. Thanks for guesting for us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card Sue! Love the repeat of the sentiment and that glittery candle is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...