Sunday, January 21, 2018

More Paper Hugs

Hey there. I don't know about you but sometimes it just feels good to use supplies that you have had for a long time. I was a Stampin Up demo for about ten years about ten years ago. So that might make this Kalidacolor stamp pad 20 years old. Lol.
My card uses the Paper Hugs stamp set from a fairly new company called The Stamp Market. I love their images! Ink is from SU blue frost Kalidacolor and bashful blue. Cardstock is 110lbs white. Large heart is sprayed with Shimmer Spritz and popped up with royal blue fun foam.
This pick shows the glimmer on the heart better. I have a hard time getting that glimmer to show in pictures.
By using the Kalidacolor pad I was able to get that ombre effect. The sketch bellow was my layout inspiration and the Uniko challenge was old/new. My pad is old and the stamp set is new.


Simon Says Stamp challenge was to add a sentiment.


Finally the AAA Cards challenge was to use the image above as our inspiration. I used the color palette and the thought that when I am chilled a hug is the best medicine.
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

12 comments:

  1. Sue, I love your shimmering card! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and I love that idea of a paper hug! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on the sketch, and I love the sentiment (and the blues, too, my fave color). Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ! Love this big blue heart and the sentiment is fabulous ! A perfect combination of the different challenges ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous sentiment and a brilliant take on our challenge at Uniko. Love all those blue tones ... my favourite colour family. Thanks for joining us. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shades of blue and a paper hug is always welcomed I think and I agree The Stamp Market products are lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this CAS delight in the Uniko gallery and for joining in on the fun. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the layout and those gorgeous shades of blue! Such a pretty card and I'm sure that the paper hug will be much appreciated. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! Love the color(s) you used! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all that wonderful texture on the heart. the monochromatic color scheme works wonderfully. So glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful heart, love it in blue, thank ou fr joining us at Uniko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...