Sunday, January 28, 2018

Everyday...

Hello and happy Sunday to you! Today's card combines several challenges but is something that came to me early this morning. I did not take into account I have been on steroids for a month and my shaking makes it super hard to control water coloring. Lol
I started with Tim Holtz watercolor paper and my Kuretake watercolors. Using a paintbrush I made a circle trying to weaken the color to get a ombre effect.  I then splattered the card front with a little of the same paint. The Stamp set is a very old Stampin Up set called Its About Time stamped with Versafine black ink. I added a few black Nuvo drops to the front of the card to tie the black in. The image below is the balance of the greeting inside the card.
I am loving the sketch from My Favorite Things this week!

So the ombre is my circle and the color pallete is the chilled image.
I thought the greeting fit the Time Out challenge.
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

7 comments:

  1. Super card, love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Great ombré effect, must have been tricky to achieve. Thanks for joining in with the chilled challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely great card in every sense - meaningful design and sentiments, beautiful ombre circle, great words. Love the circle getting darker closer to midnight. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card. I love the ombre circle and the clock face. The sentiment is fantastic. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at Time Out Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful card :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great sentiment. Wise words! Love your CAS design.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ombre'. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...