Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Recycled Garbage

Hey there, I know this is crazy but I literally went out to my trash pile and tore off a piece of corrugated cardboard and packaging from a old Kindle box to create this card along with an old book page.
Now what prompted this scrounging was a new challenge on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Recycle Something. My vison was a valentine or wedding card. This collage thing is so new to me. I just started cutting hearts out with the Lawn Fawn nesting dies and creating the Distress Ink water color background with a clear stamping block. The rest was all try and error while trying to create texture. I used the "love" die from Simon Says Stamp die cut from some brushed metallic gold and black card stocks.


I am loving this style of card. So fun to just keep adding till it feels right. Again this is pretty clean and simple by some standards but pretty busy for the CAS girl. This also fit the TimeOut Challenge of "loving" and I certainly loved making it! It fits the HLS Mixed Media. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.






4 comments:

  1. This is so clever and makes me think I need to take more time to look at my recycling for 'crafty purposes' instead of just squashing it. Love how you folded the book pages and the corrugated card adds so much texture. This is one fabulous card Sue and I'm so happy you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the corrugated heart. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. very unique card! such a clever use of layering! thanks for joining us at HLS mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the recycled garbage!!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for Mixed Media
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...