Tuesday, September 1, 2020

CASology #373: September

Hello and welcome to September and a brand new challenge over on the CASology Challenge Blog. Our new cue card is fitting for this first day of the month.



Sponsor:  Lawn Fawn




My card uses one very old, Papertrey Ink stamp set from 2011, Tag-Its #6.  I stamped the alpha circle in Versafine black ink on a scrap of white card stock. Then with the simplicity of clear stamps I over stamped the aqua lines and red greeting. Using my circle dies I die cut it and added some fun foam to the back. Then stamping the apple I die cut it with another circle die and coated it with Glossy Accents setting aside to let it dry.  I stamped the "many thanks" three times with the same aqua ink and created a tiny side flag with red polka dot washi tape. I then added a tiny staple to go with the whole school theme.  Keeping my elements layered in a small area left me with lots of white space for this CAS design.


Quick reminder of the CAS guidelines for our challenge:
  1. One main image
  2. Lots of open space, uncluttered
  3. Limited layers & embellishments
  4. Quick & easy to recreate (Note: It may take a while to create a design you like, but once you have that design, making more should be a piece of cake!)
Thank you for stopping by now is a great time to check out all the projects the Design Team has created to inspire you.



3 comments:

  1. Such a great design Sue-such a lot of detail and colour and yet still so wonderfully CAS-you are amazing at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I am definitely going to need some teacher thank you cards this year. This gives me some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...