Monday, January 13, 2014

SSS Monday Challenge and MIM #148

Hey there!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  It never seems long enough though!  Today's post has 4 pictures of the same card in progression.  I wanted to try the technique that is posted on the Papertrey Make-It-Monday challenge.  You were to take a line image and stamp it 3 times without reinking in 3 colors. I used the word "baby" from the PTI Wonderful Words: Baby set.  I found I have very few line images (I don't like to color).  The 3 colors of ink were all old Stampin Up inks.
So here is step 1.  I like the effect but wanted to try more.  I also stamped the background with Polkadot Basics from Papertrey also on PTI white cardstock.  Next step was to die cut the images with the baby die.
I thought it lost some of it's punch when the darkest pink mostly got cut out.  Sooo I decided to add the die cut back into the card by adhering it to the inside of the card so it would peek out the window.  Then to finish it off I added a little ribbon to the side of the card. 
Thought that finished it off and figured I better leave well enough alone.  Thanks for stopping by to visit, Sentimentally Sue.

 


4 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...