Tuesday, August 28, 2018

CASology #311: Flip

Hello, There is a new challenge up on the CASology Challenge Blog today.
Our cue card today is...

I decided that I would try to play with cutting a die cut image down the center to create the flip. This can be done by selecting a die that is symmetrical. I chose the Concord and 9th Quilted Heart Die.
I cut the stitched square from both white and brushed gold card stock. Then cut the pieces of the heart and word out of each piece. Placing both colors of card stock on a Post-it note to keep them together. Then cut down the center of each. Like putting a puzzle together I moved the pieces between the squares using transparent tape to hold it all in place. Finally I mounted them to cards with fun foam. Here is the other card.



Sue Symens (you are here)


Go check out all the Design Teams cards. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, This is flipping amazing! Literally! what a clever take on the cue word and what a pretty card. love how you played with the symmetry and assembled all the pieces together. Superbly done. Happy Crafting, Hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique for this cue! Love that you used all the bits two make 2 complementary cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

AAA Cards Challenge #263

  Hey there. The AAA Cards Challenge has a new, "CAS" wedding theme challenge up for you today. I decided to play with a soft wat...