Thursday, May 9, 2019

Graduation Card

Hello and happy Thursday to you! It is May but here in Iowa it is still in the 40's and feels like winter with the wind today. Hoping the forecaster's are right and it is in the 70's next week. We are so over the cold and wet here.
Now that I am done complaining lets get to a new card today. It is graduation time here so I need to make a few cards for some special young people.

Jennifer McGuire showed a technique the other day with a baby wipe and some dye reinkers. So I used the technique following along with the My Favorite Things color and sketch challenges. So after creating the background I let it dry and used the Congrats die from MFT to cut the word from 110 lb white card stock. Then using the Blooms Fill In dye from Concord and 9th I cut the elongated hexagon. The diploma and mortar board are from Sizzix. I backed the hexagon with a window sheet to keep all the little pieces in place and popped it all up with foam tape to give dimension. I added the metallic gold brad for a little accent for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
 

You know when you are playing you always create more than one background. lol. This card uses the MFT wish die and essential sentiments.



 Thanks for stopping by, Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

AAA Cards Challenge #263

  Hey there. The AAA Cards Challenge has a new, "CAS" wedding theme challenge up for you today. I decided to play with a soft wat...