Wednesday, December 18, 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Week 3


Hey there. Well we are about a week out from Christmas and hopefully your cards are all sent. So in today's post for CAS-ual Friday's Stamps, as their guest designer, I am moving on to baby and birthday cards. I have had such fun doing some design work for this great company this month. I used the Somebunny stamp set and Bunny dies.



My first card started with a watercolor panel that I ink smooshed purple and black distress ink over. When it dried I splattered gold watercolor paint over the background. on a scrap of white card stock I stamped and heat embossed the bunny in gold detail powder and watercolored the moom in the same gold paint that the splatters were made with. I die cut the welcome 3 times from eggplant card stock and glued and stacked them together. The little one was also heat embossed. Trimming my panel down to 4 by 5.25 I mounted it to an top folding, A2 white card base.



My next card started with a white card stock panel that I stamped the balloon bunny and greeting in black ink and colored him with alcohol markers. Then I stenciled the blue clouds and sun over the background. Adding the grass with the markers. I carefully cut the center of the balloon out with and exacto knife for the shaker element. I trimmed the panel down to 4 by 5.25" and mounted a scrap of acetate to the back of the panel over the balloon hole. Then on an top-folding, A2 white card base I attached the red balloon cut from the front panel and used foam to create the shaker pocket for the stars. Finally gluing the stamped panel to the card base.


For my final card I wanted a dreamy watercolor sky for our bunny to be hanging from so I wet a water color panel and played with soft pink, yellow and navy watercolors to create a sky. When it was dry I stamped the bunny, stars and greeting in navy ink. Trimmed the panel to 4 by 5.25" and added to an top-folding, A2 navy card base. Whenever I create a card with a dark colored card base I add a white panel inside the card to write on.

Here is your chance to head on over to the CAS-ual Fridays store and get 15% off your order with the code below. Happy shopping and thank you for stopping by, Sue!

Michelle was super generous with me and I wanted to pass it on so I created a bunch of cards for our local cancer center. They can use them to give encouragement to patients. I used the Hope Ribbon set and Ruffled Ribbon Fri-die. Thanks again Michelle! Check out how you can share with your local cancer centers. 






1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...