Sunday, September 4, 2022

Altenew Pink Foliage

Hey there. I watched two videos this week. The first one was Tim Holtz watercolor over a Distress background. The second was Jennifer McGuire using a scoreboard for a background. I wanted to roll these together with the September Altenew challenge.


I started by cutting a panel of white cardstock. I should have used watercolor paper but didn't. I smooched some Distress pealed paint ink on a silicone mat, spritzing with water and dabbing my cardstock into it. Drying between layers of ink. Then I stamped Altenew's Leaf Canopy set with Versafine black ink, heat set and water colored the leaves in with two colors of pink.

Using my scoring board I created a diamond pattern to replicate the fence in the inspiration photo on the stamped panel and a top-folding, white card base.


I stamped and heat embossed the greeting from the same set on vellum and tied it to the stamped panel by wrapping it with metallic gold thread. Then mounted it to the scored card base with foam tape.  Finally, I used a bit of metallic, gold watercolor paint to create the gold splatter.


I will enter this in the Altenew challenge,  the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Make your Own Background challenge. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...