Friday, September 23, 2022

Pretty in Pink

 Hey there. I had a request for a hot pink, floral retirement card. So... I got busy watercoloring a few panels in shades of pink and green. I did a bit of splatter with gold, metallic watercolors then let the panels dry.


Using the Altenew Fantasy Floral die I cut the rose and leaves from the watercolor panels. I also cut a tag from a metallic gold card stock, popped it up with a bit of foam tape and glued on the rose/leaf cluster.  I trimmed the final panel and adding a bit of washi tape in a metallic gold dot. Then heat embossed with gold detail powder to a strip of vellum using a Congratulations sentiment from Papertrey Ink. I tucked the vellum greeting in the leaves and secured to the background panel with tape on the back. After adding the pink baker's twine to the tag, I attached the panel to a white top-folding card base with more foam tape. My matching envelope was made with my score board from some double-sided scrapbook paper.

 

I will enter the card in the following challenges:
(Sparkle and Shine)
(Card and Envelope)







2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Sue. I saw it SSS and had to come by for a closer peek. It's stunning. I'd love to have you play along with us at Word Art Wednesday whenever you're able. Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and lots of great prizes. I'd love to have you join us.
    Karen L
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. We are getting started with harvest so it will be a bit before I have time but I will look into it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...