Friday, April 6, 2018

Poppy Trio

Hello.   Playing with a little watercolor today.
I started with the Simon Says Stamp Monday "Trio Challenge". Stamping the Painted Poppies from Altenew on Tim Holtz watercolor paper in Versamark ink. Then heat embossed the flowers with Simon's white detail powder. I then wet down the flowers and leaves and stamped them with ink. Dried with my heat gun and then wet the the background down and floated the aqua ink around the flowers. Tapping my paint brush to create speckles. After panel was dry the mounted it to a yellow top folding note card with fun foam.  The greeting from Papertrey Ink was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock and mounted to card with foam tape.

This photo is our inspiration for the latest Time Out challenge. I used the flowers and colors as my inspiration.

Simon's Wednesday challenge was Happy Birthday.


The AAA Cards challenge was watercoloring for me.
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

7 comments:

  1. So gorgeous. Love your wonderful water coloring and pretty yellow flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do make the most beautiful CAS cards Sue, I'm always so inspired by them!Thanks for playing along with the favourite technique challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Sue! Love your inspiration for it, and your water coloring is beautiful in the bright yellow and soft blue. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool watercolored background, I luv the flowers too! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured the feeling of the photo so well and I love your watercolouring! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunning card Sue! Love those flowers and that amazing background! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...