Saturday, June 16, 2018

June Altenew Roses

Hey all. I was playing with a new technique today and decided to make it into a challenge card for Altenew's June color challenge.
 I started with some pieces of white 110 lbs card stock. I took my ink pads and rubbed them across the card stock to create a white side and a colored side. Then die cut the Fantasy Floral dies.
 My goal was to use the white side but by layering them with foam tape you would get a shadow of the color reflected back on the card front.
 This is a side shot to show the layers.
Here is the complete card. The greeting from Papertrey Ink is heat embossed with silver detail powder on a strip of orchid card stock.
I added a few vellum leaves to give it a little softer look. The greeting is a band that goes all the way around the card front.
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...