Wednesday, November 6, 2019

SSS Wednesday Challenge: Thinking of You



I am so honored again to serve as a guest designer on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. This week we will be using Simon's own products to create a "Thinking of You" card. 



I started with a Tim Holtz water color panel then added a wash of tan water color paint to the bottom of it with a wide brush. Then added a darker brown wash over the tan towards the bottom. After letting it dry I used Score Tape in both the 1/8" and 1/4" applied to the dry panel and coated with black glitter. I die cut four of the Sweet Tulip Die from Simon Says Stamp out of Neenha 110 solar white card stock and glued them together. Completing the card with a SSS Sentiment Strips 2 cut and mounted to card front with Darice foam strips.

My next card is uses the Sending Happy Thoughts set from Simon Says Stamp. Using a Versafine black, red and green ink on a top-folding Neenha 110 lb white card base. I added a little red Nuvo Glitter drops over the little heart.



For this card I started with a Bristol Smooth panel that I masked with Post-It tape and blended four colors of orchid ink to fade out completely. I used blender brushes to do this. Stamping the wreath and greeting with eggplant ink and the "Sending" with Versamark ink then heat embossing with gold detail embossing powder. I trimmed the panel down and mounted to a top folding white card base popping up the "happy thoughts" with foam tape.



Now is your chance to make your own "thinking of you" card with all the great SSS stamps and dies. Then add you card to the Wednesday Challenge blog for a chance to will a $50 gift certificate from Simon Says Stamp.
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/




Thanks for stopping by and come back next week for a new challenge, Sue.




4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! what a gorgeous set of cards Sue! all 3 are absolutely fabulous! 💗

    Thanks so much for agreeing to be in the spotlight! You've definitely got the month off to a great start!! :-D

    Hope you have a lovely day!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Sue - your cards are lovely! Especially love the wreath one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sue! They couldn't have picked a better designer to spotlight. I love that first card, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sue!! So much eye candy here!! I can't even tell you which is my favorite because I love them all for different reasons. Great way to kick off the spotlight!!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...