Sunday, May 30, 2021

AAA Cards Challenge #191

 

Hey there. I was super excited to be asked to be a guest designer on the AAA Cards Challenge this week. We will be making a no layer card with hexagons. I had so much fun with this that I made three cards.




All my cards are 110lb, white top folding A2 card bases. Using the Honey Bee Stamps nesting hexagon dies I cut a stencil from card stock. Then using Distress Ink I blended two colors in each hexagon overlapping them as I went. I then used a Block Alphabet die set from Papertrey Ink to cut out my "hb" window. This gives you the contrast color (white) while still keeping your card one layer. Then I added the Happy Birthday from a Concord and 9th set in dark purple ink.


This card uses the Happy Hexagon set from Papertrey Ink with just straight up stamping.


My final card uses another stencil that I created with the Echo Park Hexagon Confetti die. I just ink blended a little yellow ink in a small area through the stencil. Then stamped and heat embossed the bee from the Papertrey Ink Honey Bee set in black ink with clear detail powder. Added in a darker yellow for the bee's body.


I hope you will dust off your no layer skills and join us on the AAA Cards Challenge with some hexagon magic.
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderfully colorful CAS creation! Thanks for being our guest designer at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS card! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer for this challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome cards!! I've pinned all to my Pinterest boards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards. Thank you for joining us as the Guest Designer at the AAA Cards Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...