Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Bold Birthday

Hello and happy fall to you! After being in a tractor cab for the last month I got a chance to create today. I have missed this so much. Today's card is for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge. We are to make a birthday card with a bold background. 


I started by blending the ink colors across a white panel then spritzed the panel with shimmer spritz. Then cut the panel in 1/4" strips, gluing them down with a stager. I then trimmed the panel down and added some foam tape to the back of blended panel. This technique in quilting is called Bargello.


I stamped the Captivating Blooms floral image with black ink over my panel. Then stamped the greetings from the Dotted Blooms set on two white strips to create tags. They were tied to card front with black embroidery floss. Using the Martha Stewart butterfly punch, I created some from vellum butterflies for accents. I finally added some glitter glue drops and mounted to a top-folding white card base. 


 

This card turned out so well. I was pleased the results. The pictures to not do justice to the intensity of the colors. Thank you for stopping by, Sue.






2 comments:

  1. Very unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This background is amazing <3 beautiful mix of the colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

  Hey there. I love this sunset palette of the Altenew April Challenge . I used two sets Prim Peonies and Sweet Bouquet. I ink blended a pan...