Wednesday, February 1, 2023

AAA Birthday Card Challenge #46

 Happy February to you! We have a new challenge up on the AAA Birthday Card blog. We are playing with stencils this month.


I was experimenting with a few new products, Deco Foil, Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo and Nuvo Shimmer Powders. I started with a panel of watercolor paper, wet it and tapped on the shimmer powders. I would mist my paper and tap on more powder till I was happy with the outcome. Then let the paper dry overnight. The next day I took the Delicate Links stencil and added the gel over my background of shimmer powder through the stencil. Let the gel dry and rubbed my gold foil over the gelled area.


I trimmed down my panel and stamped the greeting from Papertrey Ink's KIS Birthday in coral ink quickly heat embossing with clear detail powder on a white cardstock strip. I used one of the foiled scraps to accent my greeting and wrapped gold thread around it before attaching to my white card base with foam tape.



It was fun to try a few new techniques on this card. I hope you will share your stenciled cards with us this month on the blog. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.




3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Sue! Love the colours, the gold thread and the small strip of the foiled paper under your greeting, so clever how you turned the strip so the foiling is on the other side than on the panel. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sue, the gold through the stencil is so clever, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers Sue, love how you used yor stencil to make that super golden panel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...