Tuesday, September 17, 2019

CASology #352: Dragonfly

Hey there. So we have a new two week challenge up on the CASology Challenge Blog today. Our new cue card is...


Sponsor:  STAMPlorations

As always, remember the following CAS guidelines when creating your design:

  1. One main image
  2. Lots of open space, uncluttered
  3. Limited layers & embellishments
  4. Quick & easy to recreate (Note: It may take a while to create a design you like, but once you have that design, making more should be a piece of cake!)


So when I saw the cue DRAGONFLY I searched through all my stamps. I have no dragonfly stamp or dies. Well that gave me a great chance to get creative with what I do have.

I used the two sets above, Papertrey Ink's Happiness in Bloom and Ellen Hutson's Bokeh Dots to create my dragonfly using Versafine black ink on kraft card stock. I heat embossing with clear detail powder after stamping the greeting from the same set. Added some kraft ink dots and die cut the stamped panel in a tag shape. Using a simple piece of black twine and attached to a kraft card base with foam tape it was finished.


Thanks for stopping by to catch the details. Now onto the rest of the teams fabulous projects.













1 comment:

  1. You are genius! When I saw your post saying you used flowers, I looked at your card and said, what? I never would have guessed! Awesome card, Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...