Saturday, April 1, 2023

AAA Birthday Card Challenge #48

 Hello. It is birthday card challenge time on the AAA Birthday Card blog and we are going to layer it up this month!


Although this card reads CAS because of the white space it has layers of ink, heat embossing, cardstock, washi tape, glitter paper and a cover-plate. This is a ton of layers for me. Lol. I started with a top folding card base that I ran through my die cut machine with Stamplorations' Circles All Over cover-plate. I really like cover-plates that don't cut the edges. I then ran a strip of gold dotted washi tape vertically down the front. 


Using some scraps of white cardstock, I stamped and embossed the mini cupcake from Altenew. Then die cut the happy and cupcake many times to pop-up the images. I also cut several postage frames from the Papertrey Ink die set. All were layered up to create dimension. adding the glitter paper happy to the top of the stack. I stamped the greeting from the same Altenew set in teal ink on teal cardstock. Assembled the pieces and mounted it to the card base.


Layers have always been tricky for me. I am never sure when it is too much so I can't wait to see you inspiration. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...