Friday, July 7, 2023

Altenew Inspiration in July

 Hello. I was checking out Michelle's beautiful, soft card and was inspired to join the Altenew Challenge this month.


I can just picture these beautiful hydrangeas. My card uses the circle and arches dies along with the versatile set Sweet Bouquet for a crisp CAS design.


I created a mask with a circle die and blended pink and amethyst ink lightly around the edge of the circle on watercolor paper. Then stamped and heat embossed the Sweet Bouquet image with white detail powder. Using a green dye-based ink I water colored the leaves going slightly outside the lines. The greeting from the same set was also heat embossed and ink blended. The ribbon detail is thin strips of cardstock that I tied in a knot. I always struggle whether I should add more or leave the card as it is. This time I added white gloss Nuvo drops. I am still not sure about them. I took a picture below just in case I didn't like the look. Lol.



Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my card. Sue









1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card, Sue! I love pastels amd think you knocked this one out of the park.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

AAA Cards Challenge #264

 Hi there. The AAA Cards Challenge blog has a new sketch Challenge for you today. I hope you will plan to join us. I needed a wedding card ...