Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Leopard's Spots

Hey there, last card for tonight. This was one of those times I read through a challenge and thought I don't have any stamps that are safari animals.  Then I started brainstorming what do I have that will work. After a little internet research on leopard spots I noticed Avery Elle's Ikat Addition stamp set might work for this challenge.
I started with a natural ivory base card and layed out the curves with a bowl on my desk. Cut the curve by hand and traced a light pencil line to the inside of the card as a guideline for stamping. Stamped the spots in black and mustard ink with a little sponging of mustard ink over the top of the spots. I also sponges the Edge of the front panel. Finally I stamped the happy birthday from PTI Pen and Ink set on the front of the card. This made a pretty quick one layer card. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

I also used the Fusion layout.

5 comments:

  1. Your CAS card is so beautiful and original, love the leopard addition! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go thinking outside the box!!! Those spots are perfect for the SAFARI cue! The curve and pop of pattern really add nice interest to your design!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredibly clever and absolutely perfect for the cue! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your genius take on the cue word! Those irate stamps make perfect leopard spots! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your interpretation of SAFARI. Perfect border and simply CAS. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...