Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Make-It-Monday #48/Moxie Fab Die Cuts

Hello!  Hope everyone is doing well.  We are having unbelieveable weather in the midwest.  We have had 2 days in the high 50's within a week.  My lilac bushes are budding out.  I wanted to make a few cards for the Papertrey MIM challenge this week.  We were to use border dies to create a background on our cards and I thought this would fit the Moxie Fab Challenge of using a die cut in a new way too.
I chose the ticket die, die cut some old book print and tore the tickets apart.  Then I layered them vertically to create the layered background.  I used 3 different books to get the color variation.
Cardstock: White, Black and Fine Linen(PTI), book print
Ink: Tea Dye Duo and Black(PTI)
Stamps: Greeting(PTI), Doily(Inkadinkado)
Extras: Coffee dyed seam binding, button(PTI)

Thanks for stopping by.  I have one more card that I have worked on that uses the ticket die also that I will post later.
Sentimentally Sue

7 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! very nicely done, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your card , I had to click on it to see the die you used. Wow such a cleaver idea and I love the music notes. It's so nice to hear everyone talk about this wonderful weather we are all blessed with! Im in CA ,and its been beautiful here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting card. How creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an entirely different style you came up with using the same die! So creative! I love the musical aspect. Again, the colors are very eye-pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just hope things don't bud out too soon, winter isn't over and we could have a killing frost! It worries me, how warm it has been, just not natural. Your card is great, love the torn collage print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful use of this die, SUPER CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sue! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

  Hello. Emily Midgett has a great inspiration photo on the Altenew March challenge.  I had an idea using a clear stamp block to create a f...